EU Whistleblowing Directive – SlovakiaREAD THE FULL DRAFT BILL (SK)
Last update 1 March 2023
Whistleblowers protection already in place
Slovakia implemented in 2014 a comprehensive legal framework for whistleblowing protection with the Act on protection of whistleblowers.
Current implementation status
The draft bill of the new law transposing the Directive into national law started the interdepartmental comments procedure on December 13th, 2021.
The new law has been proposed to enter into force on 1 December 2022 with some provisions later in May 2023.
Given that Slovakia was already ahead in terms of whistleblowing legislation, the amendments of the new law provide the following key changes:
- A definition of the term “whistleblower” in the employment relation context
- The obligation to implement an internal reporting channel is extended to Organization of certain sectors regardless of their number of employees, such as financial services, transport safety services or environmental services
- Reporting anti-social activities will not be considered as a breach of professional secrecy
- The penalties in case of the absence of internal reporting channels are increased to a 500 000€ fine
- An employer could be subject to a penalty of up to 100,000 euros if they breach the new rules, such as revealing the identity of a confidential whistleblower
Evaluate your reporting system in place and highlight areas of improvement with our self-assessment template.
Get a Head Start
Having a flexible platform that can adapt to any legislation and regulations can give you a great head start. With Whispli, you can build up your solution according to your current needs, and modify it at any time.
You can start by complying to the minimum requirement of the EU Directive today and adjust to your local legislation later.
Get in touch with one of our expert and get a guided demo to see how Whispli can help your Organization to comply with the Directive.
You're in Good Company
Whispli is an award-winning platform recommended by partners and clients alikeRead our Latest Customer Success Story: VodafoneZiggo
"Whispli is hands down the most watertight way to catch and manage wrongdoing in your organization. If you're not using it, then you're not serious about preventing fraud or corruption."
Group Risk & Compliance Manager, Topshop Topman
"I have had the opportunity to implement this type of tool in the past and this is the first time I have worked with a partner who knows how to turn this sensitive subject into an opportunity. The platform is clear, modern and easy to use."
Chief Compliance Officer, Auchan Retail
"Exceptional Client Service. Whispli product and customer success teams are its biggest asset. They are flexible, always available for support and ready to stretch beyond their roles to help the clients."
Senior Associate, Ernst & Young