Sales Development Representative
Join our team. Be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups in the world,
and work with a team that drives towards a positive social impact.
Who we are
Whispli is an Australian company, headquartered in Sydney and with offices in Paris and Boston. Founded in 2015, Whispli was part of the Y-Combinator program, winner of several awards for product-excellence, and is now looking to expand rapidly in Europe and the Americas.
Whispli’s product provides a secure platform for employees to anonymously report suspected misconduct or wrongdoing to their organizations; Whispli thus creates a trustworthy environment for confidential conversations between staff and management. Management can then verify the information and act upon it before it further impacts the individual, or becomes public and harms the organization’s brand and reputation.
We are looking to further expand in the Americas and are seeking a SDR who can work with a globally-based team, and is both self-motivated and inspired by the chance to sell a product which provides a safe and discreet path to resolution of difficult situations.
Our new Sales Development Representative (SDR) will generate new business opportunities to fuel the growth of our company. The role will include the USA, Canada, and the Latin American markets – as quickly as you can ramp up with our full support.
This is an excellent opportunity for an aspiring salesperson to get started in a fast-moving career with great growth potential. As our SDR, you will be responsible for introducing the Whispli products to new prospects in order to qualify opportunities and secure initial sales meetings & calls. We anticipate you will move to a full Sales role with your own geographic remit within 12-24 months.
The main goal is to attract new clients directly, and potentially to develop partners to sign-up and sell our product as well. The ideal candidate must have a successful track record of meeting sales quotas, and possess an aggressive – but professional – attitude toward hitting quota and achieving success.
As our Enterprise Sales Development Rep, you will be responsible for developing and implementing your own prospecting strategy, fully supported by the wider team in Marketing, Product Development and Customer Success.
What you’ll do
- Develop your own sales pitch, working with US and global colleagues to achieve a unified approach
- Follow-up on inbound leads generated by marketing campaigns to uncover and push ahead potential opportunities
- Aim for monthly quotas of meetings-set and opportunities-qualified
- Identify key contacts, call & email prospects to generate initial interest, and set appointments for online demos and sales meetings.
- Understand the needs of our target prospects and articulate the value that the Whispli solution provides.
- Maintain accurate information on prospects and interaction activities in HubSpot.
- Collaborate with colleagues in Boston, Sydney and Paris to identify and determine cross-selling opportunities.
You should have
- Interest in working in a SaaS start-up, which is headquartered in Australia
- Outstanding communication and listening skills.
- Ability to be resourceful, persistent and of course professional when chasing leads
- A ‘hunter’ mentality – comfortable prospecting, cold-calling, and following up on incoming leads with a strong desire to win.
- Proven record achieving sales success and quota goals regularly.
- Ability to quickly understand and demonstrate technology and business value proposition and deal with objections
- A Bachelor’s degree and 1-4 years’ sales/inside sales experience, targeting HR and/or Risk/Legal professionals within an organization
- Prior experience with a CRM, particularly HubSpot is an advantage
- Additional languages a bonus, particularly Spanish or Portuguese
Benefits of working with us
- We strive to be the best in our space. We move at a rapid pace and work with cutting edge technologies.
- Work with a team that drives towards a positive social impact by empowering people with a voice and removing the fear or retaliation.
- Flexible working hours, with a focus on getting the work done, rather than working the hours.
- Ability to work remotely
If you don’t meet 100% of our wishlist, tell us in a cover letter why you’d be a fit anyway.
Send us your CV and Cover letter – outlining your experience and why you’re interested at firstname.lastname@example.org